There are many players who want to stop looking at the graph while playing poker or at the end. But few who succeed.
In this article I propose the steps to follow to stop looking at the graph once! For all
Objective to stop looking at the graph:
I personally have never considered that look at the graph was itself a problem, as I Epictetus said:
“Persons are not altered by the events, if not for the interpretation of the events”
Therefore, the problem is not looking at itself, if not how we interpret what we see. But if you still want to stop looking at the graph, we see how.
- Have no rush to do this process, take your time. If it were easy you would not be here.
- Write the answers to the questions that arise, either on paper or on computer.
- Choose stop looking graphics and be committed to the process and your answers.
- Trust and believe that one day soon, won’t “need to” look at it. No one says that it is easy, but many have achieved it, so it is clear. It is not impossible! If they could, you also!
“So if you think that you can and if you think you can’t you are right.” Henry Ford
Seek to create a new healthier habit that will help us to achieve our goals.
In the Online Learning section you will find specific routines that teach you 9 habits that attached to this will provide you a powerful work routine to get the better of you. Take a look.
In the lower product description you will find 9 habits and its benefits.
First: Let’s take awareness to know “where we are” with respect to the process. The more specific you are much better, spend time, “Rome was not built in a day”. Acquire your routine looking at the graph is not something that appeared overnight, undo it nor will it be.
The time you need to change your behavior from looking at the graph will be inversely proportional to the time you invest in thinking and write the answers.
1) Would like to achieve at the end doing this exercise?
2) What you are looking at the graph?
3) What do you get from looking at the graph?
Second: Looking for alternatives and solutions. Exact! I will not give your solution, I’ll help you find it. How could I know what is the best solution for you? Remember that the specialist in your life it’s you.
We are going to gain confidence in ourselves.
Tries to remember a situation in your life where you get to stop doing something that you seemed impossible to get, however you get to achieve it.
Do you remember when going to the gym every day and not hurt? And you stop doing it, you stop going and at the end it doesn’t hurts.
Do you remember when you thought that it was impossible to quit smoking? And you left it off…
Remember that game that you played every day and you had a terrible desire to play it? And just by some factor external or own you drifted a few days of the computer and already had not wanted so much to…
Do you remember…?
Search in your memories of those “behaviors” that “need” to do daily and that failure to do them slowly faded that “need” either for better or for worse.
What I seek is that you connect with the following idea:
The new state you are looking for EXISTS, is REAL, and you have it previously experienced in your life. YOU CAN.
4) What have you tried previously it did not work? And for every answer, ask yourself what can I learn from this attempt? In life there are success or learning.
5) How could you get the same that in question 3 in another way that wasn’t looking at the graph?
6) Mold yourself! Let’s imagine your future “I” future, a future “I” that already did it. Answers to these questions to find out what will bring you freedom to see the graph and see how to redirect your life.
- What thoughts will you have when you not look at the graph? When it is not necessary your mind think in other things during and at the end of the session, which will be?
- How will you feel when you do not look at the graph? There will be emotions that are no longer and that will give space to new.
- How will you react when you not look at the graph? What kind of behavior you have during the session and at the end?
7) What concrete actions will lead you to think that way, feel that way and behave that way?
Third: Let’s prepare your plan of action!
8) What solutions can you suggest to not look at the graph and continue getting what you get to look at it and that also will take you to how you think feel and you will compare?
This is without a doubt the question key, the more entertaining and above all the more powerful. Enjoy creating the answer.
Give you the right to be wrong and to rethink if you don’t get results, keep track of what you tried.
9) How are we going to put into action each of the solutions?
- Create a list with each action of question 8 and associate a how.
- Know precise and concrete with every response.
- Take your time.
10) How committed are you with each of the solutions/actions that you made? Rate them from 1 to 10.
11) Those which are not a 9 or 10 try to make them a 9 or 10
- What will you do to make it a 9 or 10? If they don’t have a 9 or a 10, remove them from the list. So write your final action plan.
Now it is a matter of applying your commitment and give it time. The more rooted it the habit of looking at the graph more will cost you establish the new habit of not looking at her.
Tries to be aware of when you look it, if you put the auto-pilot it looked without being aware. Give consciousness to the fact of looking at it.
Sees making the adjustments that you consider relevant and remember that if we fail, it will be positive whenever we learn of it.
Finally, remember: we want many things but without accepting the effort, suffering, sacrifice etc… Call it as you want but if you wait for that simply by filling out the questions and without putting anything on your part, you are going to stop looking at the graph is that you don’t understand how your brain works.
Reflection + action = results
If you don’t get it, go to question 4 and from there do it again. Since you’ve obtained a new set of experiences of “this does not serve”. It recalls what can I learn from this? Thus you will be creating increasingly a more robust plan that will allow you to achieve your goals.
Is normal that the suffering / anxiety appears if you don’t look at the chart, finally and after you have it done and it’s like when you are going to run or to the gym that day. The mind wants her routine and pain is the simplest mechanism for reactions.
Going to the practice part:
When you focus on the suffering even thinking “I am not going to look at the graphic” we generate the need to watch it to thus to get rid of that suffering, finally and after all the mechanism would be faster and more efficient end suffering and alleviate us.
When a thought is not full, as when we do not remember a name of someone we just cross or the name of a song, begins a mechanism in the brain that involves giving turns to the topic with the imperative of “completeness”. It is the same when we think “I am not going to look at the graph”.
To manage it we are going to follow this steps:
- Be aware of the suffering and verbalize it “Oysters,” how it hurts me not to watch it “Hurts” etc… Identifies the emotion.
- Breathing mindfulness or any form of formal or informal meditation.
- Distracted doing other things at least for two minutes. So we cut the urgency of addressing the thinking.
- Videos, books and series that we like.
- Calling someone, talk to someone…
- Anything is valid provided it’s not talk of the “difficult it is or the impossible that is for us.”
Note: this kind of thoughts are sabotage of your unconscious mind seeking desperately to give up and look and so meet their routine. It is not more than your internal struggling to get away with your own voice.
- “Thanks for participating” is a good message to give to your mind so that you remember that you are not your thoughts. They don’t govern you, you are in control. You’re in command.
- Many thoughts or gravitational side would appear to the main “Ps, tomorrow will do it better…” “But if everyone looks at her…” etc. this kind of thoughts are sub-levels of the main, are alternative ways to achieve the same… so again “thank you for participating, today I command.”
- If stress is not reduced then check what you wrote, putting focus on the positive side you get. Display your future ‘I’. Read it as often as necessary.
- Should it not improve at all, get out of the place or stay away from the possibility of breaking your commitment.
- If we look at the graph at the end, we will avoid suffering, but we have added something new to the “for what” looking at the graph, now it will be, alleviate the suffering. If your account will only be worse and finally and after if you do this exercise is because you want to really do not look at the graph.
- And if not look at the graph that day… CELEBRATE IT BIG! Each small victory daily will bring you to the final victory. The brain loves to do things that we celebrate. So, enjoy it and congratulations! Every step counts!
- If you failed, learn from that, restructuring plan and move forward! And do not punish yourself, take care of you and you will have the energy to find solutions!
We believe that if we want to have good results we shouldn’t see the graph, so do not look at it and will be consistent with what I think I say and do.
The proper order is be consistent so to do by looking at the graph and have better results, since watching it affects us emotionally and affects the results of one form or another.
“At first seems a fight constant to the end will be a permanent pleasure.”
Hope that you like the format, chapter extracted from my book.